ED RegistrarRequisition R028366 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Patient Access - MMC - Hampton Roads Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position Responsible for ensuring that all patients are greeted and processed appropriately and routed to the appropriate testing area. Responsible for accurate registration and pre-registration of all patients, to include a professional patient interview, accurate insurance and computer coding, and appropriate documentation of the events surrounding the interview. Ensure that all necessary paperwork is decimated to the patient or appropriate locations. Oversees and prioritizes bed placement needs to ensure prompt and appropriate placement of patients.
1. Work requires ability to read, write, follow oral and written instructions, perform
mathematical calculations, and communicate effectively at a level generally acquired
through completion of a high school education.
2. Knowledge of insurance verification/pre-certification, and benefits with
preferred experience of 6 months to 1 year in patient registration/health care.
3. Ability to perform in multiple computer applications.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology and experience in ICD-9 coding is preferred.
5. Work requires proficient keyboard skills with an average speed of 40 wpm.
6. Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills; prefers at least one year
customer service experience
7. Must be able to work under considerable stress using tact and diplomacy
8. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently problem solve and be able to
9. Demonstrates organizational skills
10. Must demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette excellent communication and
Essential Job Functions
Completes registration on all assigned patients.
A. Performs quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy and completeness.
B. Scan insurance cards and other documents
Screens patient orders and completes order entry screens when furnished with written physician order
D. Secures signatures on all required forms.
E. Instructs patient on Hospital information and room assignments.
F. Reviews insurance coverage with patient or guarantor.
G. Secures pre-determined deposits and/or co-payments from patient or
guarantor, explaining any deductible or co-pay amounts posting in payment system
H. Refers all self-pay admissions to the Financial Counselors.
I. Assures patient reaches scheduled destination.
J. Completes multiple pathway functions to upgrade the patients’ status to sure
K. Prioritizes and directs requests for information and phone calls
employing excellent service delivery.
L. Ensure all patients have received proper documents to include NPP and
M. Maintains a process of pre-registering patients.
N. Ensures all patients are properly banded.
O. Maintains knowledge of all compliance issues and patient confidentiality.
P. Ensures quality customer service by screening patient orders when they
arrive and sending them to the appropriate department
Q.Communicate with physician’s office regarding registration and/or admission
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Patient Access - MMC - Hampton Roads
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN