Senior Epic Clarity Specialist (Remote - US)Requisition R097532 Market Remote Department SS Analytics Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Senior Epic Clarity Specialist leads reporting and analytics initiatives for the EHR team. This position is the subject matter expert within the Clarity team for topics in their designated domain. The Team Lead designs and develops reporting and extract solutions as well as provides direction to Epic Clarity Specialist and Associate Epic Clarity Specialist in their domain expertise. The Senior Epic Clarity Specialist will help develop standards and governance rules. The Senior Epic Clarity Specialist is expected to keep abreast of Epic and industry wide best practices and provide leadership to team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Designs and implements BI reporting solutions, using high level expertise in source data models and BI tool capabilities. Has certifications in both Clarity data models and BI tools as appropriate.
- Leads other team members in reporting project activities. Functions as subject matter expert within their area of Clarity specialty.
- Writes efficient SQL to extract information from Clarity into reports or data extracts. Understands how to model/create efficient database objects (SSIS packages, tables, views, stored procedures, cubes).
- Participates in Clarity team activities and collaborates with Clarity team members on reporting projects. Volunteers to assist team members.
- Understands and applies Epic and industry best practices regarding healthcare analytics.
- Identifies opportunities for utilizing self-service reporting tools. Examples include Business Objects Universes, WEBI, multidimensional cubes, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI and Tableau.
- Partners with internal and external customers to define reporting and analytics needs. Requires in-depth analytical skills to understand workflows, data collection methods and reporting solutions. Does not act as report "order taker" but, rather, presents advantages/disadvantages of reporting options available.
- Provides ongoing support and maintenance of production reports and extracts.
- Bachelors Degree
- Epic Clarity Certification
- Required Experience: 5 years’ experience in reporting/analytics or equivalent relevant experience; min 5 years using Business Intelligence Software; 2 years in Healthcare environment. MS SQL Server or Oracle, basic Windows Administration, basic scripting, data modeling, understanding of multidimensional data structures, data infrastructure design, presentation skills, healthcare IT, report writing tool knowledge.
- Preferred Experience: ETL, MS SSAS, MS SSIS, MS SSRS, Epic, Business Objects, Supervisory/leadership experience.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Analyzing data
- Communication Skills
- Advanced SQL and performance tuning skills
- Attention to detail
- Build ETL/ELT procedures
- Create reports/data extracts from specifications
- Interactively work with users to gather requirements
- Model and build database tables
- Makes and implements Analytics process improvements
- Model and build multidimensional data cubes
- “out of box” thinking. Offers new design solutions to users.
- Documents work and creates training materials
- Works independently and mentors
- Able to create advanced BI visualizations to convey stories
- Adaptable to new technology and promote usage
- Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
- Prolonged periods of working alone.
- May have periods of constant interruptions.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- General office environment.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse