Senior Data Analyst (Remote - US)Requisition R081275 Market Remote Department SS Analytics Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for translating and programming vast amounts of data into understandable,relevantand actionable information. Interfacing with business units (finance, HR, etc.) across the organization, this position will use their expertise to provide business insights, design and deliver reports, and drive self-service reporting capabilities across the organization. It is critical for this role to be actively engaged in developing and promoting effective data governance through documentation and adherence of standards to assure that the information produced and provided by the Analytics team is accurate and trusted as the source of truth.
***Remote/work from home - eastern time zone hours
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for identifying, understanding, acquiring, merging, and transforming data from a centralized data warehouse
- Partner with business unit teams to understand their operational needs, recommend solutions, assure compliance with standards
- Translate data needs of the business and work with data engineers or architects to build processes and tools that help automate effective data delivery and reduce resource utilization and redundancy
- Engage in the overall data governance of the organization and take an active role in the development,documentationand on-going maintenance of a data governance operation
- Develop effective auditing and validation processes between the source systems and the centralized data warehouse to assure accurate and timely availability of data
- Develop, test, and deliver reports and extracts from the centralized data warehouse using appropriate BI tools
- Constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Mentor and coach the broader Analytics Delivery team
- Be hands on and engage in coding to help the team to develop his / her solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand
- Required- 5 years of experience working in a Business Analyst or Data Analyst role
- Preferred- 5+ years of experience working inBusiness Analyst or Data Analyst role at a healthcare provider
- Coding skills (SQL)
- Attention to detail
- MS Office (Excel)
- Critical thinking
- BI tools (Tableau orPowerBI)
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Healthcare system knowledge
- Translation of complex technical concepts
- Experience with unstructured datasets
- Agile work process
- Statistics (basic understanding)
- Desire to learn / Intellectually curious
☒Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
☒General office environment.
☒Remote - Rarely required to report to a work location In-person collaboration maybe required when necessary. Associates may live anywhere but recommend in the footprint when possible.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse