Medication Technician- Bon Secours PlaceRequisition R084202 Market St. Petersburg, FL Department Skilled Nursing Unit - Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Bon Secours St. Petersburg (BSSP) is a diverse long-term care organization providing a continuum of care to elderly individuals. BSSP offers high quality skilled nursing care, in patient and outpatient rehabilitation, comprehensive home care services and state-of-the art assisted living, all on a beautiful and well maintained campus.
BSSP is comprised of three facilities: Maria Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Care Center, a 274-bed licensed nursing care center offering skilled and long-term nursing with a dedicated Alzheimer's unit. In addition, the Center for Rehabilitation provides a highly skilled in patient and out-patient rehabilitation program. The second facility, Bon Secours Place is a 102-unit Assisted Living Facility (ALF) in partnership with Life Care Services, LLC of Des Moines, lA; one of the first ALFs to receive Joint Commission accreditation. In 2006, BSSP launched a new home health agency, Bon Secours St. Petersburg Home Health Services Inc., to provide nursing and rehabilitation services throughout the community. BSSP also provides select community programs for at-risk elderly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of BSSP that all applicants for employment and all employees are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable laws. BSSP also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.
All BSSP employees are expected to embody the values of Bon Secours and the Catholic healthcare ministry, and understand the appropriate balance between mission needs and fiscal responsibility while demonstrating these values in day-to-day actions. These values are:
• Respect - Treats all people well because all people have dignity.
• Justice - Supports, protects and promotes the rights of all individuals and has a special concern for the rights of the poor and dying.
• Integrity- Is honest in his/her dealings and behavior is consistent with his/her
thoughts, feelings and actions.
• Stewardship - Is dedicated to the responsible and creative utilization of our resources to assure the continuance of our mission.
• Innovation - Continually searches within himself/herself and our partnerships for new ways to profoundly improve our services and life in the surrounding communities.
• Compassion - Experiences and expresses empathy with the life situations of others.
Medication Tech SON SfCOURS 5 r. f'ETI'R5Bl!RG HfAI TH 5YS ffM
• Quality - Continually improves our system's processes of care and service to our patients, physicians, co-workers and community through understanding their needs and striving to exceed their expectations.
• Growth - Is committed to the implementation of programs that inspire positive development in the organization, our co-workers, and our community; is sensitive to the changes necessary to meet this challenge.
Assist professional nursing personnel by performing various resident care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comforts of residents.
Experience: Medication Tech experience in an Assisted Living Facility preferred .
Education & Licenses: Certificate of Attendance in Assistance with Self Administration of Medication Education (4 Hour Course)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Department:Skilled Nursing Unit - Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse