Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN - Full Time EveningsRequisition R068302 Market St. Petersburg, FL Department Nursing Administration - Maria Manor Nursing Care Center Shift Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Eligible for up to $2,500 Sign On Bonus!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Functions under the rules/regulations of the State of Ohio, Kentucky or Illinois Nurse Practice Act and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. She/he provides direct patient care, special treatments, and procedures at a professional level equivalent to her/his training. She/he provides care considering the age, growth and development and specific needs of the patient population on assigned unit(s). She/he assists in providing indirect care through various clerical or administrative duties as assigned by the registered nurse. Assignments are developed based on patient need and skill of staff and in accordance with the method of nursing practiced on the specific unit, and in compliance with hospital and nursing policies, procedures and standards. Those LPN’s who meet the Ohio, Kentucky or Illinois Board of Nursing’s qualifications and requirements, may administer oral, intramuscular, and subcutaneous medications and limited intravenous therapy.
Essential Job Functions
- Functions within the nursing process and contributes to patient care based on Ohio (OBN) or Kentucky (KBN) Board of Nursing Practice Act. Contributes to the admission assessment by collecting selected clinical data, vital signs, weight and height; sets up patient room and orients patient. Follows goal-directed nursing care plan designed by the Registered Nurse. Observes, reports and documents patient's clinical status and changes in status to the Registered Nurse. Implements interventions within the LPN scope of practice, conducts and reinforces patient teaching/education and contributes to discharge plan and evaluation of results. Recognizes deterioration of patient condition collaborates with the Registered Nurse while responding with increased frequency of monitoring or seeks guidance regarding a transfer to higher level of care. Reinforces patient/family education and offers psycho-social/spiritual support. Contributes to the nursing care plan.
- Performs nursing care based on established clinical practice standards and the code of professional ethics appropriate for LPN role. Utilizes regulatory standards for patient care activities including Joint Commission, ODH, SHA, CMS, OBN and KBN. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital nursing standards and OBN or KBN regulations in delegating nursing activities to unlicensed employees. Reports critical values/results to the Registered Nurse for timely action, e.g. vital signs, pain, blood sugar, lab findings and EKG results. Complete 15-minute safety checks (Lima).
- Recognizes patients experiencing actual/potential life-threatening conditions and responds appropriately within the LPN scope of practice. Utilizes safe, approved medication administration practices, based on hospital and regulatory standards and certification. Encourages/provides opportunity for family presence and involvement at the bedside. Follows emergency protocols/procedures, based on LPN role and patient needs. Follows American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Professional Ethics.
- Demonstrates consideration for special needs, behaviors of specific age groups across the lifespan and individuals served when providing care. Provides information regarding procedures and equipment to patient and/or significant other.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve care delivery processes, nursing quality and patient safety. Demonstrates knowledge of role in emergency situations. Assumes responsibility for attending mandatory meetings, in-services, continuing education and participating in committees as opportunities occur.
- Supports and promotes hospitals' programs for infection control, patient safety and risk management. Implements treatments/medications safely, per physician order and hospital policy/procedure; observes and reports patient's response. Report adverse patient reaction and/or unusual occurrence to Registered Nurse immediately.
- Documents care provided in timely, accurate and complete manner, using appropriate form.
- Performs clerical and supportive duties to promote efficient unit operations.
- Meets Hospital continuing education requirements, assesses own knowledge, maintains professional growth/development, participates in seminars and workshops to improve knowledge and skills.
Education Qualifications - Licensed Practical Nursing
Licensing/ Certification - LPN or active Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) issued license; BLS.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Nursing Administration - Maria Manor Nursing Care Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse