Patient Service Representative - PRN - Occupational HealthRequisition R098919 Market Springfield, OH Department SS Harness Health - On-Site Events - Corporate Shift Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Provides support duties including, but not limited to, registering patients, scheduling appointments, processing paperwork, scanning and answering phones. Communicates and models mission and values of Harness Health Partners.
II. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
High school education or GED equivalent. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills as well as knowledge of medical practice operations. Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to function as liaison between physicians, office staff and the patients and their family members. Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment in a confident, professional manner. Must be a self-motivator, possessing a high level of judgment skills and initiative, along with ability to prioritize and coordinate several tasks simultaneously, while retaining a confident, knowledgeable and helpful demeanor. Ability to listen compassionately demonstrating effective problem-solving and critical-thinking techniques to areas of concern to patients and employees without appearing judgmental is essential. Basic computer skills are required. Prefer 1-2 years of direct customer service experience.
III. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers phone using etiquette in a manner consistent with Harness Health Partners standards of excellence, appropriately routes calls, schedules patients, and enters necessary information for patient scheduling into the computer system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs patient registration tasks as follows:
Obtains registration from patients and accurately enters required information into the computer system.
Obtains copies of insurance cards and verifies insurance coverage.
Secures signatures on all required forms and updates information accordingly.
Registers patients in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates as an active member of the patient care team, including attendance at clinical huddles.
- Proactively manages the provider schedules and identifies opportunities for improvement to communicate with practice supervisor.
- Schedules follow-up appointment and/or assists with scheduling other services for patients.
- Pulls patient records as needed per office policy, scans information as appropriate in chart per policy, and routes patient history forms & prior films to clinical staff as indicated in office per policy.
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner consistent with appropriate customer service requirements and in support of Harness Health Partners ethics and values.
- Understands and performs individual role in assuring compliance for regulatory, accreditation and system process.
IV. Other Job Functions:
- Maintains communication with Site Coordinator / Practice Manager on daily basis.
- Participates with continual improvement projects as assigned.
- Assumes orderliness and cleanliness by cleaning the work area and restocking supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS:
A. The individual performing this job may anticipate coming into contact with patients. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies regarding infection control.
B. Travel could be required between various sites managed and/or controlled by Harness Health Partners.
VI. BON SECOURS MISSION, VALUES, CUSTOMER ORIENTATION AND CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS FOCUS:
It is the responsibility of all employees to learn and utilize continuous quality improvement principles in their daily work.
All employees are responsible for extending the mission and values of the Ministry by understanding each customer, treating each patient, staff member and community in a dignified manner with respect, kindness, and understanding and subscribing to the organization’s commitment to quality and service.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties. This document does not create an employment contract, and employment with Harness Health Partners is "at will."
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:SS Harness Health - On-Site Events - Corporate
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse