Child Care Teacher II - Full TimeRequisition R069813 Market Richmond, VA Department Day Care Services - Richmond Health Source Shared Services - SMH Child Care Center Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Assist in planning and implementing the curriculum, supervision and management of the program and the classroom. Coordinates child development activities in assigned area and supervises performance of Teacher I, Teacher Assistants and Classroom Aids.
- Knowledge generally acquired through completion of four year college program, BA or BS Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Work experience and training in supervising, as well as, a minimum of one year experience in providing care for children in a group setting.
- Incumbent must successfully meet the requirements indicated in the Code of Virginia and obtain and successfully complete the required background checks per the Code of Virginia.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans and implements educational activities for the assigned classroom.
- Supervises play activities, meals and rest time.
- Acts as a liaison for children’s activities and informs parents of the development, performance and progress of their children
- Schedules staff members in their program, maintaining licensed ratios.Supervises the performance of Teacher I’s, Teacher Assistants and Classroom Aids and completes required performance appraisals.
- Prepares and arranges educational materials.
- Performs functions to safeguard children’s wellness and safety. Obtains certification in administering medication, administers medication and documents same. Reports accidents and completes incident reports.
- Orders and maintains food and supplies as needed.
- Follows up on parent concerns and service recovery initiatives. Implements and models World Class service.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the children served.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the children’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each child’s age requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Day Care Services - Richmond Health Source Shared Services - SMH Child Care Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse