Sr. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery AnalystRequisition R037553 Market Richmond, VA Department SS I&T - Info Security Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
This position is responsible for assisting in the development, deployment, systems administration, and day-to-day relationship management of Bon Secours Mercy Health’s business continuity processes and disaster recovery planning strategy programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures BSMH disaster recovery and business continuity plans address the recovery needs of the enterprise which includes all necessary components as required by regulatory requirements and align with the BCM program operational life cycle.
- Tracks and provides business continuity program metrics as needed.
- Conducts and provides risk analysis for critical information systems to identify points of vulnerability and recommends mitigation and reduction strategies.
- Works in conjunction with the disaster recovery coordinator to ensure testing and recovery documentation reflects current state.
- Manages the administration and maintenance of technical recovery plans for BSMH’s critical applications, services, and all related data or mass storage in secure locations.
- Verifies the recovery time objectives are documented and verified during all testing necessary for a successful DR execution.
- Verifies enterprise application prioritization is current and valid based on dependencies and risks to business processes.
- Performs assessments for both internal functions and vendor controls that address the specific business continuity and disaster recovery risks and incorporate into the overall IT and enterprise risk ratings and architecture.
- Performs analysis of documented disaster recovery strategies to actual recovery scenarios, identifies gaps and tracks remediation accordingly.
- Assists in training and awareness initiatives around disaster recovery concepts as it relates to employees in the company.
- Contributes to all deliverables and recommended improvements resulting from the work performed as part of BC/DR projects.
- Monitors the effectiveness of corrective actions and recommends cost-effective preventive measures to preclude recurrences.
- Supports the BC/DR aspect of various audits and assessments to ensure that all outstanding findings and gaps are resolved by IT and the business.
- Provides guidance and direction in the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Management or related field (or working to attain such a degree with a defined path for completion within two years) or five years of related work experience.
- Knowledge & skills typically resulting five or more years’ related experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Continuity Planning required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current business continuity and disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies.
- Work experience in computer support, compliance, governance, audit, risk management, or IT operations preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and work with people of all backgrounds and at all levels.
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, make independent decisions and work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with staff, management, end users, vendors and other regional personnel.
- Experience and ability to present highly complex subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in project managing technology initiatives that require full structured fail over tests to validate alignment of documented plans with desired outcome.
- Experience with reviewing contracts and support user awareness training initiatives to create a security compliant culture.
- Ability to research, organize, analyze, and synthesize data to support effective decision-making.
- Ability to use all necessary computer software efficiently and effectively.
- Experience with healthcare applications preferred (specifically Epic)
- Willing to travel to various locations.
- Certified training in business continuity and/or disaster recovery solutions and practices (i.e. CBCP, ABCP, CBCI, BCCP, CFCP AHPCP, CHPCP, MBCP, CBRM, CBRITP, etc.)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Project Management certification; or equivalent experience
- Experience with technical writing of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity policies and standards.
- Experience working in the healthcare field, exposure to not-for-profit and faith-based institutions.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS I&T - Info Security
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN