RN Hospice Liaison - PETERSBURG, VA
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN Hospice Liaison - PETERSBURG, VARequisition R037286 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
THE MISSION OF BON SECOURS HOSPICE IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, QUALITY HEALTHCARE SERVICES TO THOSE IN NEED, INCLUDING THE POOR AND DYING, FOR THE PURPOSE OF ALLEVIATING HUMAN SUFFERING AND BRINGING PEOPLE TO WHOLENESS IN THE MIDST OF PAIN AND LOSS.
GREAT TEAM, GREAT MENTORING AND SUPPORT AND GREAT BENEFITS. DISCOVER A CAREER WHERE YOU CAN BE YOU!
5K Hiring Incentive
The primary responsibility of the Hospice RN Liaison is to provide coordination of care through facilitiation/communication and discharge planning throughout the continuum of care. This Liaison will also provide information about services to potential Bon Secours Hospice patients and admit patients to the Bon Secours Hospice service. This Liaison will act as a self-directed, independent worker in the coordination of the continuum of care.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and possesses current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. BSN preferred.
2. Must have two years of varied work experience as a professional nurse, preferably in hospice/home health, oncology or medical surgical units.
3. Must have a current CPR certification.
4. Preferably candidate will have knowledge of federal and state regulations that apply to Hospice programs.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and skills in assessing the hospice care needs of patients, including: nursing knowledge and skills which encompass a broad range of clinical, psychosocial and pathophysiological theories relevant to nursing diagnoses and treatment.
6. Demonstrates experience in coordinationof activities, good organizational skills and ability to wrk independently.
7. Demonstrates ability to relate effectively with patients, staff, physicians, community agencies and institutions.
8. Demonstrates ability to relate effectively with members of the hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT).
9. Must be able to set and maintain priorities and execute independent judgment.
10. Must have organizational skills in planning and troubleshooting when working with patients' follow-up care.
11. Ability to work well with others as a team and individual.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Hospice Care - Bon Secours Home Health Services, LLC
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nurses are one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Patient Service Representative Greenville, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse (RN) PRN Days - Progressive Care Unit - Memorial Regional Medical Center Mechanicsville, Virginia
- RN - MED / SURG - ORTHO / NEURO/ VASCULAR Greenville, South Carolina