RN - In Home Based Primary Care
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN - In Home Based Primary CareRequisition R052965 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Home Based Primary Care and Supportive Services (HBPC) serves homebound and functionally limited individuals that are unable to physically access office-based primary and palliative care. Encompassing an interdisciplinary team, the practice incorporates behavioral care and social supports, responds rapidly to urgent and acute care needs, offers primary and palliative care, and supports family members and caregivers through hospice if elected.
The HBPC RN provides care to functionally limited seriously ill patients in the home setting. The RN solidifies interventions providing support to include but not limited to: care management, medication reconciliation, working with the primary care provider and medical director to establish a plan for crisis or escalating symptoms, facilitate completion of POST and advance directives, identify patient goals and assist alignment of patient goals with the treatment plan, screen for depression, identify other psychosocial needs and provide support or referrals, identify fall risk and educate patient/caregiver, provide care coordination support and necessary referrals.
- RN License without restrictions
- Baccalaureate degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a home setting or more than 3 years of experience in primary care, emergency medicine, critical care, or related field
- Current BCLS/CPR certification
- Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- ACLS preferred
- Understanding home care and hospice services and regulations, Title XXII, Medicare Conditions of Participation, TJC home health and or hospice accreditation requirements preferred
- Clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide coordination of patient care consistent with standards and regulations
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills; must be able to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult with supervisor and/or provider
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team; Ability to form harmonious working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage resources for patient care in a cost effective manner
- Ability to exercise independent sound judgement in planning and providing patient care
- Demonstrated ability in physical, psychosocial, and environmental assessment skills and in implementing plan of treatment
- Must have desire to work with patients with advanced illness
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Palliative Care - St. Mary's - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off