Respiratory Therapist- PRNRequisition R047607 Market Richmond, VA Department Respiratory Therapy - Richmond Community Hospital Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Primary function within Department Policies \ Procedures and Standards of Care, reviews patient data, makes assessment of patient's respiratory status, assembles necessary equipment and checks for proper functioning, and administers prescribed therapies as ordered. Monitors patient's response to such therapies and makes recommendations to change or modify based on the assessment. Documents all treatments and therapies provided as required. Performs diagnostic testing for Arterial Blood Gases and Co-oximetry. Performs patient and family education and instructions in order to allay apprehensions and elicit cooperation necessary for attainment of goals and therapies.Ability to work with one (1) Age Specific Group in a Critical Care environment (Adult, Pediatrics, NICU), performs general therapy to all age specific groups served by the facility. Participates in on-call rotations as required by departmental policies and acts in charge capacity as needed.
1. Requires knowledge of anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pulmonary physics, pulmonary pathophysiology, advanced respiratory care, mathematics, blood gas chemistry, pharmacology at a level generally acquired through completion of AMA approved therapist program or equivalent.
2. Work requires comprehensive knowledge of all department policies, procedures, systems, and equipment as well as proficiency in performing clinical treatments at a level generally acquired during two-year Respiratory Care Program.
3. Must maintain current CPR certification. May be required to maintain NRP, PALS and\or ACLS as required by departmental policy. Must be licensed by the Board of Medicine – Department of Health Regulatory Board Commonwealth of Virginia as a Respiratory therapy Practitioner.Demonstrated clinical competency in the care of one (1) or more Age Specific Groups in a Critical Care environment (Adult, Pediatrics, NICU, Transport). Such clinical competency can be validated through completion of Clinical Ladder and facility specific competency requirements.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Respiratory Therapy - Richmond Community Hospital
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN