Registered Nurse (RN) - Richmond Float Team - PRN
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Richmond Float Team - PRNRequisition R088183 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Registered Nurse (RN) – RICHMOND FLOAT TEAM
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
If you are looking for flexibility in these changing times, then the Richmond Float Team is for you! The Float nurse will follow all Bon Secours policies and procedures. Float to all sites in our Richmond market and float to all inpatient units (Med Surg, Telemetry, Step Down, Critical Care, Rehab etc.).
Registered Nurse (RN) – Richmond Float Facilities
- St. Mary’s Hospital (Richmond – West End)
- St. Francis Medical Center (Midlothian)
- Richmond Community Hospital (Richmond-Churchill)
- Memorial Regional Medical Center (Mechanicsville)
- Southside Medical Center (Petersburg)
Float Team Flexibility!
- A minimum of 36 hours every 6 week schedule period required (You can work more hours if you want!)
- 4 hour, 8 hour, or 12 hour shifts available
- Self-Scheduling – pick your availability
- 1 Summer and 1 Winter holiday required
- 1 weekend shift required a month
- Full Time night shift positions available if you need benefits
- Shift differential available for night and weekend shifts
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Provide advanced treatment and care to patients with complex diagnoses
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes
- Administer medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice and Bon Secours policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Associates degree or Bachelors degree in Nursing
Licensing & Certifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association required
- Two or more years clinical nurse experience required in at least 2 or more specialties.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Nursing Float Pool - Richmond Health Source Shared Services
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off