Lab Assistant IRequisition R073195 Market Richmond, VA Department Core Laboratory - Richmond Health Source Shared Services - Specimen Processing Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Prepare specimens for analysis by registering and accessioning orders via ConnectCare/LIS, verifying specimen acceptability and performing established pre-analytical
procedures not requiring technologist interpretation, in accordance with laboratory policy
in an accurate, safe and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to read and write, follow oral and written instructions, as well as familiarity with laboratory equipment at a level generally acquired through completion of a high school education or G.E.D.
- Previous experience with HIS/LIS preferred.
- Window/Reception for in-patient samples.
- Data Entry outpatients.
- Problem Resolution.
- Label and Delivery.
- Properly prepare specimens to be sent to other laboratories for any testing not performed in-house.
- Provide coverage for all Client Services functions after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Attend regularly scheduled department meetings and continuing education programs offered. Complete 20 hours of continuing education (CE) per year as required.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Core Laboratory - Richmond Health Source Shared Services - Specimen Processing
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse