Hospice RN Full Time Days
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Hospice RN Full Time DaysRequisition R048749 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
THE MISSION OF BON SECOURS HOSPICE IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, QUALITY HEALTHCARE SERVICES TO THOSE IN NEED, INCLUDING THE POOR AND DYING, FOR THE PURPOSE OF ALLEVIATING HUMAN SUFFERING AND BRINGING PEOPLE TO WHOLENESS IN THE MIDST OF PAIN AND LOSS.
GREAT TEAM, GREAT MENTORING AND SUPPORT AND GREAT BENEFITS. DISCOVER A CAREER WHERE YOU CAN BE YOU!
The Hospice Registered Nurse functions as the primary nurse for hospice patients and families in the home setting. He/She is a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team. The Registered Nurse: a) sets nursing goals and plans, which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients/families; b) mobilizes resources to meet the individualized needs of patients/families; c) assumes leadership responsibilities for their individual caseload and d) demonstrates competency of clinical skills.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Degree preferred.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virgininia
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Virginia driver license ans an acceptable driving record
- Competent Registered Nurse possesses: a) broad-based knowledge of clinical, psychosocial, and patho-physiological theories relating to nursing diagnosis and treatment; b) skills and ability to perform the range of nursing procedures and techniques found in general nursing practice and the ability to translate these skills to the home setting; and c) demonstrated effective teaching skills. This level of knowledge, skills, and ability may generally be acquired during 2 years current medical surgical staff nurse experience in an acute care facility, or during 12 to 18 months acute care plus 6 to 9 months current experience in a home health related setting. Oncology experience preferred.
M-F Days with 2 hours On Call 6am-8am 1-2 times per month and one weekend shift per 5 weeks.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Hospice Care - Bon Secours Home Health Services, LLC
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nurses are one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Ultrasound Tech - PRN-Hours: weekend shift and/or call, weeknight call, or Petersburg, Virginia
- RN - Nursery/NICU -FT-Nights Petersburg, Virginia
- LPN Baylor Days St. Petersburg, Florida