Director Nursing - Med/Surg/Telemetry and Progressive Care Unit (PCU), Richmond Community HospitalRequisition R051053 Market Richmond, VA Department Med/Surg Unit - Richmond Community Hospital Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The Director of Nursing role will have oversight of Richmond Community Hospital's MedSurg/Tele Unit, PCU, Nursing Supervisors and Monitor Techs.
Directs all nursing services (clinically and administratively) for med-surg and other assigned units. as a senior nursing leader, this position works closely with the vice president, patient care services to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with nursing care standards established by joint commission, federal, state and local regulatory agencies and adherence to bon secours' objectives and policies pertaining to nursing practice. In addition to direct management of all of the med-surg units, the director of nursing will work closely with the vice president, patient care services to analyze department performance and operations to identify and develop appropriate enhancements and improvements. will develop and/or recommend supporting policies ,procedures, training, education and resources. in order to provide quality individualized patient care, and support bon secours health system's mission, vision, strategic goals and objectives. this position assumes fiscal responsibility for all assigned areas. serves as a liaison with medical staff and other personnel, promotes the maximum growth and development of each employee, and assures patient advocacy.
- BSN from an accredited College of Nursing
- Masters Degree in Nursing or Health Related Area preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of three years progressive administrative/management experience in an acute care setting
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse (RN)
- CPR Certification or the ability to obtain within first 90 days of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the nursing process in inpatient and outpatient settings
- Ability to plan, organize and manage nursing services within span of control
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Med/Surg Unit - Richmond Community Hospital
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN