Phlebotomist (Nights)Requisition R050383 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Core Laboratory - Maryview Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Collection of blood samples from both adult and pediatric patients using established phlebotomy procedures and techniques including venipuncture and capillary collection, as appropriate. Collects specimens from patients other than hospital inpatients as requested. Maintains good communication skills; displays good judgment. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required to carry out the duties of the position. Generates collection labels, assigns work, and follows through with any questions or concerns. Performs patient registrations, enters orders into LIS, verifies specimens from nursing units, processes and aliquots specimens, distributes specimens to appropriate laboratory department. Maintains all equipment necessary for the performance of each job function. Performs inventory and ordering of supplies, ensuring department is adequately stocked. Participates in Quality Control and other duties as assigned.
1. HS Diploma or GED
2. Training in a formal Phlebotomy program, including a minimum of 60 hours of clinical experience is preferred.
3. Certification from a nationally recognized Phlebotomy Association such as ASPT or ASCP; or certification from an approved phlebotomy collegiate program preferred.
4. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
5. BLS required.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
7. Basic PC knowledge/skills are preferred.
8. Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
9. May be required to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays or overtime as needs arise.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Core Laboratory - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN