Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Acute Rehab Unit - Maryview Medical Center
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Acute Rehab Unit - Maryview Medical CenterRequisition R089721 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for the delivery of patient care under the direction of the Physician. The LPN functions as an integral part of the health care team to provide the highest quality of care to the patient by preparing and assessing patients for provider visits. In this position, the LPN will observe, record, and report patient responses to medical care provided during appointments.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care team members in meeting patient/family needs
- Implements the plan of care by providing direct basic nursing care in accordance with the LPN scope of practice
- Appropriately labels and packages specimens, as trained
- Assists in providing indirect care through various clerical or administrative duties as assigned by the registered nurse
- Acts as a chaperone for health care providers during patient examination as requested
- Assists provider with procedures, treatments, and interventions
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed Practical Nursing
- Active state Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- One year of previous experience in a physician’s office or ambulatory care setting (required)
- One year of clinical patient care experience in an acute care setting, long-term care facility, or health/hospice (preferred, not required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to all ages of the patients
- Ability to learn and use a computer-based patient appointment scheduling and registration system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team
- Strong interpersonal communication and organization skills
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Rehab Unit - Admin - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse (RN) - 4th Floor Surgical Telemetry - FT Nights - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia
- Registered Nurse (RN) - 4th Floor Surgical Telemetry - FT Days - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia
- Clinical Coordinator - Cath Lab - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia