Certified Pharmacy TechnicianRequisition R033845 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Pharmacy - Maryview Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Department: Inpatient Pharmacy
Facility: Maryview Medical Center
Reports to: Bon Secours Hampton Roads Director of Pharmacy
Direct reports: None
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Certified Pharmacy Technicians assist pharmacists in preparation and distribution of medications, maintaining medication inventory and maintenance of accurate patient records as outlined in the Virginia Board of Pharmacy regulations. Pharmacy Technicians work under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses: Virginia Board of Pharmacy Registration required
National certification required (as of 11/1/18)
Experience: 2 years pharmacy technician experience in an acute care hospital pharmacy setting preferred
Work Schedule: Days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
* Assists the pharmacist in providing patient care to neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics
* Accurately prepares medication for dispensing per established policy and procedure
* Repackages bulk medications into unit of use packages
* Answers the phone and provides caller with excellent customer service by triaging problems and processing requests in ConnectCare quickly and efficiently
* Cleans work areas with appropriate cleanser/disinfectant to maximize infection control as per department policy
* Lifts heavy boxes, unpacks and puts away medication, IV fluids, and supplies
* Maintains adequate inventory of medication and supplies as per department policy including proficiency with automated dispensing cabinets.
* Delivers medications to nurse units and procedural areas
* Accurately stocks automated dispensing cabinets
* Maintains controlled substance accountability
* Accurately restocks code trays and EMS boxes
* Maintains a clean and orderly work environment and removes expired medications and supplies for inventory
* Participates in quality improvement objectives as assigned
* Performs pharmaceutical calculations with accuracy
* Is able to meet expected goals within specified time periods
* Is able to work as a productive, positive team member
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Pharmacy - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN