Registered Nurse (RN) - 4 South Joint & Spine - Southside Regional Medical Center
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) - 4 South Joint & Spine - Southside Regional Medical CenterRequisition R049042 Market Petersburg, VA Department Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A BONUS UP TO $10K FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE!
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing, coordinating all nursing care based on established clinical nursing practices. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or must successfully complete the Virginia State Board of Nursing examination within 60 days of hire.
- Maintains current BLS certification. Additional certifications may be necessary for specialty areas.
- Must competently perform the practice of professional nursing.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds and perform all functions involved in safe patient handling.
- Must be able to perform all functions involved in CPR.
- Must be able to meet RN 1 requirements within 12 to 18 months from hire date.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Med/Surg/Tele Unit - Southside RMC - Petersburg
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nurses are one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off