RN Ambulatory Care ManagerRequisition R062771 Market Paducah, KY Department Care Coordination - Population Health Service Organization Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
In the capacity of a Registered Nurse, the Ambulatory Care Manager will provide clinical care management services to identified eligible patients; coordinating care to obtain desired health outcomes, improve self-care abilities, and decrease unnecessary cost of care. Perform standardized comprehensive needs assessment, identifying and addressing barriers to care and aligning patients with available benefits and resources. Collaborate with patient, provider and care team to develop and implement a plan of care to ensure medically appropriate cost-effective care
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques as a patient-centered approach to activate patients in self-management of their chronic conditions with the goal of improved symptom management and interruption of a negative disease trajectory
- Maintain a caseload of patients according to department policies
- Identify, enroll and manage patients in program for Transitions of Care/Complex Case Management/Chronic Disease Management
- Develop and implement care plans to maximize healthcare outcomes and facilitate wellness with periodic review and update according to department protocols.
- Perform medication review and teach-back to ensure patient understanding and ability to adhere to medical regimen
- Collaborate with PCPs, Specialists, and Hospitalists to effectively implement a patient-centered care plan.
- Perform patient outreach according to established protocols and document in electronic medical record.
- Identify, execute, and track needed referrals to care and community resources.
- Provide resource management to improve care, patient experience and reduce unnecessary cost and utilization: right care, right place, right time
- Assist patient in advanced care planning to complete Advanced Directives.
- Document all communications with patient and/or care team in electronic medical record.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Neonates (0-4 weeks)
- Infant (1-12 months)
- Pediatrics (1-12 years)
- Adolescents (13-17 years)
- Adults (18-64 years).
- Geriatrics (65 years and older)
Required Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree/ Specialty/Major: Nursing
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree / Specialty/Major: Nursing (BSN)
Licensure/Certification Required: Registered Nurse with active License in State of Patient Care
Licensure/Certification Preferred: Case Management certification
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: 2-3 years acute care, home health or case management experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills. Strong analytical, data management and computer skills.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: Demonstrated success in improving the health of a distinct population of patients in the ambulatory or community setting
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
- General office environment
- May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
- Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions
- Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids
- May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
- May have periods of constant interruptions
- Prolonged periods of working alone.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Care Coordination - Population Health Service Organization
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse