PRN Chaplain 1Requisition R086747 Market Norfolk, VA Department Pastoral Care - Hampton Roads Shared Services Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Staff Chaplain is a pastoral professional whose primary function is to assess the pastoral needs of a particular situation and to offer appropriate pastoral care to the patient, family or staff involved. The Staff Chaplain also promotes the integration of pastoral care into the life of the organization, particulary through the development and leadership of prayer services and involvement with various committees/task forces. The Staff Chaplain will minister to persons of varied religious beliefs, ages and cultures, assisting patients/families/staff in drawing upon their spiritual resources as an important element of holistic care.
- Masters in Divinity, Theology, or related field from a seminary or graduate school accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Minimum of one unit (working towards four units) of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Committee on Certification and Accreditation, or the Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education
- Ecclesial Endorsement by Faith Group recognized by the National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces or the Yearbook of American & Canadian Churches. Board Certified Chaplain (or eligible) in the Association for Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, National Association of Jewish Chaplains, Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook and demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn new computer programs applicable to position.
- Superior skills in interpersonal communication, including training in crisis intervention.
- Education, training and/or experience in patient counseling with skill in dealing with ethical, religious and spiritual dimensions of loss, illness, bereavement, and other areas relevant to ministry in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Ethical and Religious Directives of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, medical ethics, and issues common to end-of-life decision-making.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Pastoral Care - Hampton Roads Shared Services
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse