Certified Nursing Assistant/Med Tech - FTRequisition R081622 Market Norfolk, VA Department Skilled Nursing Unit - Province Place at Depaul Shift Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
A Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct personal care for residents. The role of the Certified Nursing Assistant is to guide or assist residents with those activities of daily living (ADL) that they are unable to perform without guidance, fostering at all times residents independence and freedom of choice. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the assisted living philosophy. The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of Bon Secours.
1. High school graduate or equivalent preferred, and a graduate as a nursing assistant
2. Currently licensed with the Virginia State Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide.
3. Registered Medication Aide License
4. CPR / BCLS certification required
5. Some experience is preferred
6. Must be able to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic
7. Must have the ability to document care given in writing and verbally8. Prior geriatric nursing assistant experience preferred. Good assessment skills.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Skilled Nursing Unit - Province Place at Depaul
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse