Certified Nurse Aide/Reg Med Aide - PTRequisition R077934 Market Norfolk, VA Department Skilled Nursing Unit - Province Place at Depaul Shift Afternoons/Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
- A Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct personal care for residents. The role of the Certified Nursing Assistant is to guide or assist residents with those activities of daily living (AADLs) that they are unable to perform without guidance, fostering at all times residents independence and freedom of choice.
- Certified Nursing Assistants – Med Techs, will administer medications on various units. CNA - Med Techs may have to pass medications on two or more units, depending upon the need. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the assisted living philosophy.
- The duties and responsibilities of the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of Bon Secours.
- All employees, if applicable, are expected to adhere to the BSHR Automobile Safety Program per policy.
II. Employment Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent, and a graduate as a nursing assistant
- Currently licensed with the Virginia State Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide
- Med Tech certification required
- CPR / BCLS certification required
- Some experience is preferred
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to document care given both verbally and in writing.
- Prior geriatric nursing assistant/med-tech experience preferred. Good assessment skills.
III. Essential Job Functions
- Provides in-house escort services to beauty shop, activities and dining room as needed
- Provides guidance and assistance with telephone, and light housekeeping tasks.
- Monitors, reports, and document changes in resident status with regards to medication, hydration and nutrition.
- Serves meals and assist residents during the dining activities. Assist residents in making informed choices from menu with regard to MD orders for limits in salt, fat or sugar.
- Delivers meal trays to residents who are unable to go to the dining room.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides patient care to geriatrics
- The required certification for Medication technician are to practice these five (5) checks prior to administering medication:
- 1. Right Patient
- 2. Right Medication
- 3. Right Time
- 4. Right Route
- 5. Right Dose
- Monitor expiration dates
- Reordering medication in a timely manner – 7 days prior to scheduled refill
- Ensure all signatures are properly documented
- Report any changes in condition to Charge Nurse
- Monitor medication parameters – i.e. Hypertensive
- Practice HIPPA Regulations covering all sensitive material
- Returning to the mars at the end of the shift to assure all signatures are properly documented
- Monitor meal consumption reporting any meal 50% or less
- Practice infection control measures
IV. Other Job Functions
- May be required to take vital signs on residents
- Assists with any other assigned duties within the physical requirements outlined
V. Working Conditions
- The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Works in a patient care area where there is little exposure to dust, dirt, noise and the like.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Skilled Nursing Unit - Province Place at Depaul
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse