Surgical Tech Certified - Labor & Delivery (Bonus Eligible!)Requisition R092986 Market Newport News, Virginia Department Labor and Delivery - Mary Immaculate Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Surgical Techs with at least one (1) year of experience in Surgical Technology may be eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus with 2-year commitment. Additionally, New Grad Surgical Tech’s may be eligible for a $2,500 sign on bonus with a 2-year commitment. Rules & Regulations Apply – Ask a recruiter for details!
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health | Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Certified Surgical Tech
The Certified Surgical Tech assists the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub technician who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures. The Surgical Tech is also tasked with preparing and sterilizing the operating rooms, as well as the necessary equipment and instruments, prior to any surgical procedure. Working collaboratively and promoting teamwork is key to success in this Certified Surgical Tech position.
- Prepare and organize the operating room equipment, instruments, and supplies as required for various surgical procedures
- Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions
- Provides instruments and supplies to the surgical team during procedures
- Cleans, wraps and prepares the instruments for sterilization.
- Take care of specimens, prepare, check, and monitor medications, and assist with dressings
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree, Surgical Tech
- Or, Vocational Certification, Surgical Tech
Licensing & Certifications:
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- Minimum of one year perioperative experience, can include military training for surgical technologists and/or operating room technicians
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Labor and Delivery - Mary Immaculate
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse