Registered Nurse (RN) - 3 North Cardiac/Telemetry - FT Nights
Newport News, Virginia
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) - 3 North Cardiac/Telemetry - FT NightsRequisition R071171 Market Newport News, VA Department Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The Staff Registered Nurse, under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator and/or Nurse Manager, is responsible for providing and/or promoting quality patient care based on the individual needs of the patient populations served. Utilizing the nursing process, assesses, plans, provides and evaluates professional nursing care based on evidenced base practice or research. Acts as team leader and appropriately delegates task to other team members. Identifies and intervenes to address patient and family nursing care and educational needs. Accountable for daily unit team performance through supervision of assigned staff utilizing multi disciplinary collaboration. Assists in the efficient operation of the unit. Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires. Continually seeks opportunities for professional development and performance improvement. Assumes charge role or preceptor as needed. Practices under the rules and regulations of the Virginia Department of Health Professions and in accordance with the Virginia Board of Nursing
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or other recognized state by Compact Law or awaiting reciprocity.
2. Current CPR certification.
3. Knowledge and skill to perform the range of nursing techniques found in general nursing practice including the unusual and non-routine.
4. Must possess positive communication skills.
5. Proficient in basic computer skills.
6. Additional experience & certifications may be required depending on the specialty of unit assigned.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy (SYS.HR.NUR.001) which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Med/Surg Telemetry Unit - Mary Immaculate
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off