Director of Nursing ( RN ) Cardiac Medical Telemetry, Mary Immaculate Hospital
Newport News, Virginia
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Director of Nursing ( RN ) Cardiac Medical Telemetry, Mary Immaculate HospitalRequisition R102276 Market Newport News, Virginia Department Med/Surg Telemetry Unit - Mary Immaculate Shift Other Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
DIRECTOR OF NURSING - CARDIAC TELEMETRY | Newport News, VA
Mary Immaculate Hospital
Directs all nursing services (clinically and administratively) for med-surg and other assigned units. as a senior nursing leader, this position works closely with the vice president, patient care services to ensure enterprise-wide compliance with nursing care standards established by joint commission, federal, state and local regulatory agencies and adherence to bon secours' objectives and policies pertaining to nursing practice. In addition to direct management of all of the med-surg units, the director of nursing will work closely with the vice president, patient care services to analyze department performance and operations to identify and develop appropriate enhancements and improvements. will develop and/or recommend supporting policies ,procedures, training, education and resources. in order to provide quality individualized patient care, and support bon secours health system's mission, vision, strategic goals and objectives. this position assumes fiscal responsibility for all assigned areas. serves as a liaison with medical staff and other personnel, promotes the maximum growth and development of each employee, and assures patient advocacy.
- BSN from an accredited College of Nursing
- Masters Degree in Nursing or Health Related Area preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of three years progressive administrative/management experience in an acute care setting
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse (RN) in Virginia
- CPR Certification or the ability to obtain within first 90 days of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the nursing process in inpatient and outpatient settings
- Ability to plan, organize and manage nursing services within span of control
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Med/Surg Telemetry Unit - Mary Immaculate
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Health - Rappahannock General Hospital Kilmarnock, Virginia
- Registered Nurse Clin I- Labor and Delivery- PRN hours - Memorial Regional Medical Center Mechanicsville, Virginia
- LPN - Crossridge Internal Medicine Glen Allen, Virginia