Registered Nurse (RN)- New Grad Accelerated Education Program (ACE) - Med/Surg or Critical Care - St. Francis Medical Center
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN)- New Grad Accelerated Education Program (ACE) - Med/Surg or Critical Care - St. Francis Medical CenterRequisition R096180 Market Midlothian, VA Department Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
St Francis Medical Center will have two tracks for the ACE Program:
- Med Surg/Telemetry - floats to Medical Telemetry and Surgical Telemetry
- Critical Care - floats to ICU and the Progressive Care Center
We understand finding the right unit can be challenging right out of nursing school. Apply today to try out this NEW program that allows you to explore several units during your first 12 weeks of orientation.
The ACE program offered in Richmond is here to help you find what you LOVE to do! At Bon Secours Richmond hospitals, we’re passionate about our incredible nursing staff. We’re honored they’ve chosen to share their talent for compassionate care with our patients. We’re also looking to grow that team with outstanding new graduates who’ve answered a higher calling to care for others. The Accelerated Clinical Education (ACE) Program is a 12-week program for new nursing graduates to prepare for an RN bedside role. ACE will help you find the area you are passionate about, without the added stress of being alone. The continuing education and the ability to work with an experienced nurse provides you with confidence to ask questions, an ability to admit the things you don’t know, and the opportunity to try things you’ve only read about.
The Experience: Candidates are exposed to multiple units and observation experiences throughout the program. The educators, along with preceptor and managers, assess each participant’s clinical progression to match their best fit within the facility. Note that all new hires will be required to work a combination of 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts to align with their preceptor’s schedule for up to 40 hours per week. This may include weekend shifts.
** Sign-on Bonus eligible. Rules and restrictions apply- ask your recruiter for details.**
Summary of Primary Function
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
Essential Job Functions
In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice and Bon Secours Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments. Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department. Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery.
• Knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and future innovations
• Nursing judgment and skill based on principles of the biological, physical, behavioral, and social sciences
• Application of the nursing process in patient care delivery
• Coordination of patient care delivery
• Evaluation of professional nursing practice to optimize goals and outcomes
• Health teaching and health promotion
• Patient advocacy and partnership
• Interprofessional collaboration and leadership
• Understanding and utilization of office and clinical technologies
• Compassionate, relationship-based approach to help find meaning in illness, suffering, pain, and existence
• Integration of quality improvement, evidence based practices and research in practice
• Accountability for professional actions
• Effective stewardship of available resources
• Conflict management and resilience
• Authority for delegating activities to others, while remaining responsible and accountable for outcomes
BLS Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (preferred)
Valid nursing license from the VA Board of Nursing or RNA letter (required)
Associate of Nursing, nursing (required)
Diploma in Nursing (required)
Bachelors of Science, nursing (preferred)
Requirements & Eligibility
Fulfill the obligations as a two-year member of the nursing staff at the hired Bon Secours Richmond hospital.
Actively participate in learning experiences and share their experiences with the group Develop and use preceptor and educator relationships to enhance their clinical experience.
New RN graduate who has less than six months of professional nursing experience Graduated from an accredited school with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Students will be required to provide Bon Secours hiring managers with two letters of reference from Clinical instructors and unofficial transcripts during the interview process.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Nursing Administration - St. Francis - Richmond - Nursing Resource Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Registered Nurse (RN) - 4th Floor Surgical Telemetry - FT Nights - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia
- Registered Nurse (RN) - 4th Floor Surgical Telemetry - FT Days - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia
- Clinical Coordinator - Cath Lab - St Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia