PRN EEG Tech - PRNRequisition R066948 Market Midlothian, VA Department EEG - Memorial Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Employee demonstrates competence in all aspects of neurodiagnostic testing procedures on patients of varying ages and medical conditions, in accordance with standard of practice as defined by the medical center and the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society. Works independently, utilizing a variety of sophisticated instruments and demonstrates good judgment and decision making in the treatment and handling of the individual patient.
- High School graduate or equivalent, prefer Associates degree..
- Graduate or enrolled in CAAHEP program of ElectroNeurodiagnostics or Neurophysiology or equivalent.
- Registry eligible in EEG, evoked potentials, Long-term monitoring and/or polysomnography through the professional credentialing body. American Board of EEG Technologist (ABRET) or Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologist (BRPT) or equivalent
- BLS CPR certification
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in diverse situations.
- Maintains current knowledge to assure a safe working environment and demonstrates practical application of all policies and procedures relative to safety, infection control, universal precautions and risk management.
- Participates in on-going education through attendance at staff meeting, in-services, workshops and trade-society meetings and independent reading/study to keep abreast of latest developments and continuously improve and upgrade skills.
- Utilizes and models AIDET when communicating with customers.
- Prepares testing environment for patients comfort and safety.
- According to established procedures, prepares and performs patients for testing, including Awake, Asleep, EEG Bedside, Electrocerebral -Silence, Long-Term Video EEG Monitoring Recordings, Continuous ICU monitoring, Ambulatory EEG Monitoring, Sphenoidal Recording, Activation Procedures Visual Evoked Potential Recording, Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potential Recording and Somato-sensory Recordings.
- Obtains medical history and has knowledge of disease processes and medication effect and adjust instrumentation accordingly.
- Observes, notates and analyzes ongoing clinical and technical changes, adjusting testing procedures as appropriate for the individual recording situation.
- Administers sedation as indicated by physician’s orders, in accordance with established departmental policy/procedure.
- Assists the physician in performing invasive lead placement.
- The team member performs knowledge of all recording and ancillary equipment
- Participates as a Team Member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when the workload requires and as requested by the supervisor.
- Shows good judgment and strong initiative
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to schedule, reschedule patient appointments, transcribe orders and registration process for patient appointments
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:EEG - Memorial
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse