Maintenance TechnicianRequisition R090570 Market Midlothian, VA Department Engineering - St. Francis - Richmond Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Reports to the Facilities Director. Performs all maintenance activities and tasks associated with a health care facility; trouble shooting and problem solving, installation, repair and/or replacing, installing equipment and components, or systems.
- Performs assignments and tasks under supervisory review in all maintenance related areas.
- Plans work assignments through the departmental scheduled and nonscheduled work order system.
- Performs varied maintenance activities including, but not limited to, trouble shooting, repairs, installation,
- manual labor, or calibration.
- Performs tasks and activities in all areas of maintenance responsibility, i.e. water, steam, electricity, HVAC,
- mechanical, grounds, and structural.
- Completes departmental documentation for up-dates of as built prints, inventory levels, daily work logs, and
- department record keeping.
- Provides off-shift and weekend coverage as scheduled.
- Participates in departmental in-service and training programs.
- Executes work assignments to departmental standards, utilizing specified or professional practices and/or
- Demonstrates effective communication, decorum, and collaboration with departmental team, hospital staff,
- patients, and visitors.
- Performs activities in all the department areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates respect for all other employees’, patients’, visitors’, or personnel’s dignity and rights.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply
- with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any
- suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values.
- Embraces Standards of Behavior in order to provide and promote excellent customer service for both internal
- and external customers. Holds self and others accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence.
- Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
- Is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: Must have a minimum of two (2) years facility and equipment maintenance experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
A relatively high level of maintenance knowledge and expertise is required. A good level of interpersonal skills is required. Incumbents must be able to communicate and interact with other personnel in a demanding and stressful situation.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:29
Department:Engineering - St. Francis - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse