ElectricianRequisition R073708 Market Midlothian, VA Department Engineering - St. Francis - Richmond Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
ST. FRANCIS MEDICAL CENTER
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Installs, alters, maintains and repairs electrical systems, controls appliances, and devices in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade.
- Work requires a level of knowledge equivalent to that obtained by graduation from two years of specialized electrical training/apprenticeship with courses in electricity, reading blueprints and electrical drawings, and mathematics.
- Work requires knowledge of NFPA, State and local codes and standards.
- Work requires a level of knowledge of electrical systems generally gained through two to three years of experience in an institutional setting.
- Work requires regular walking, standing, climbing ladders, heavy lifting, and pushing.
- Ability to work varied shifts and schedules to accommodate hospital needs.
- Ability to work alone and assume fall onsite building responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains continued use of line voltage equipment.
- Maintains, repairs and records safety checks on all appliances and equipment.
- Performs electrical safety tests in patient rooms and common use areas.
- Works with Engineering staff in maintaining electrical controls.
- Maintains inventory of spare electrical parts and supplies. Orders electrical supplies as required.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Keeps electrical closets and rooms clean with emphasis on safety.
- Works on all types of electrical equipment throughout the facility.
- Completes a wide range of preventative and corrective work orders.
- Documents daily activities and equipment service history in the computerized maintenance management system.
- This position will be required to perform a wide range of responsibilities requiring carpentry, HVAC, boiler plant operations.
Other Job Functions
- Work as maintenance mechanic as necessary
V. Working Conditions
- Works in all areas of the Hospital where there is frequent exposure to disagreeable temperatures, noise, dirt, and fumes. May be required to work outside in all types of weather.
- Work requires occasional exposure to potential injury when working in close proximity to pressurized steam, high voltage, and moving equipment parts.
Schedule- Monday-Friday 7a-3:30p with rotating weekend shift.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Engineering - St. Francis - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse