Specialty Pharmacy TechnicianRequisition R090166 Market Mason, OH Department SS Retail Pharmacy - Retail Rx - 331 - Specialty Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
*This position is currently eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus!*
Are you a current BSMH employee with Pharm Tech friends? You could be eligible for a $1,000 referral bonus!
Summary of Primary Function
The Specialty Pharmacy Technician is responsible for supporting standardization and optimization of specialty pharmacy services across Bon Secours Mercy Health. The specialty technician works under the direct supervision of a specialty pharmacist to perform the following: process prescriptions and insurance claims; assist in the dispensing process; contact prescribers for prescription clarifications that do not entail drug regimen review or clinical/therapeutic interpretation; quality assurance activities; assist patients in obtaining copay assistance; purchasing/inventory control; packing/shipping.
Essential Job Functions
Work with pharmacists and coordinate prescription processing, working through the entire workflow process including data entry, product dispensing, packing, and shipping. File hardcopy and pharmacy records for appropriate management and storage
Assist with Prescriber and Patient outreach, schedule deliveries, handle proactive refill reminder calls and assist with adverse event reporting including appropriate documentation
Communicate with patients and prescriber offices to update shipping addresses, methods of payment, manufacturer savings cards, and other pertinent information needed to process prescriptions and confirm shipping information
Collaborate with pharmacy leadership, IT, and supply chain across Bon Secours Mercy Health to support safe, standard, and effective medication usage and practices
Assure compliance with Pharmacy law, regulations, pharmacy business practices, accreditation standards, and ministry policies within assigned area.
Support operations manager in identifying and executing inventory and workflow initiatives
Work with pharmacists and prescriber offices through prior authorization process and monitoring status on prior authorizations currently pending
Answer incoming phone calls, complete outgoing delivery scheduling and refill reminder calls, process requests, and triages to pharmacists and other departments accordingly
Works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Required Minimum Education:
High School or GED
Ability to be Ohio Registered Pharmacy Technician within one year of employment
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
3+ years – specialty, retail, or mail order pharmacy
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Diverse and highly developed skill set including but not limited to: time-management, communication, creativity, vision, teamwork, leadership, clinical knowledge base/skills, mentorship, change management, and project management.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Previous specialty pharmacy experience
- Strong interest in pharmacy practice advancement and pharmacy services
- Ability to work in a complex team environment and to collaborate with both external and internal professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communication style that is open and fosters trust, credibility and understanding.
- Ability to ensure a high level of customer service for all customers including patients, local sites, local and home office employees, physicians and other medical professionals, visitors, and external stakeholders
- Computer skills – word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint®, drug databases
- Familiarity with various software, equipment and technology necessary to provide pharmacy services
- Knowledge of pharmacy services within acute and ambulatory care environments of an integrated health system and an ever-changing environment
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding pharmacy and external medication related quality metrics
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk taking and achievement of high standards. Exercises good judgment and ability to act decisively at the right time
- Self-starter with a willingness to try new ideas and positive, can-do attitude coupled with a sense of urgency
- Ability to positively affect collaboration, promote teamwork and achieve consensus
• Ability to create win/win solutions and relationships
☒ Combination of post-secondary education and experience in lieu of a degree.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Retail Pharmacy - Retail Rx - 331 - Specialty
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse