Pharmacy Tech Certified - Mail Order PharmacyRequisition R087405 Market Mason, OH Department SS Retail Pharmacy - Retail Rx - 330 - Service Center Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
*This position is currently eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus!*
Are you a current BSMH employee with Pharm Tech friends? You could be eligible for a $1,000 referral bonus!
Perform technical duties under direct supervision of pharmacist related to dispensing medications as prescribed by physicians or other qualified prescribers. Contributes to outstanding quality control measures in performing duties related to customer service, work environment cleanliness, and medication management. Acts as a mentor and guide to other support personnel based on proven job expertise.
- Communicate with existing Bon Secours Mercy Health employees, physician offices, or pharmacies via inbound and outbound calls
- Performs excellent customer service by phone with patients and other healthcare workers
- Educate patients on company wellness programs and opportunities for cost savings
- Communicate and discuss with fellow team members to reach department goals
- Assists in purchasing functions to maintain stock levels. Reorders medications and supplies as indicated
- Accurately count and ensure timely delivery of medication orders.
- Attaching prescriptions/patient info/financial payment to a patient profile and ensuring that all notated drug/allergy/health conditions are documented properly.
- Typing prescription information into electronic pharmacy system such as drug name, strength, quantity, directions, day supply, doctor information and/or transfer information.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED)
- Must possess national certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Applied knowledge of insurance processing, customer service, or call center
processes and practices
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with performing pharmacy related calculations
- A positive attitude with a desire to help our members and be engaged with your team
- Must have a minimum of one year retail or mail order pharmacy experience
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Retail Pharmacy - Retail Rx - 330 - Service Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse