Mail Order Pharmacist-PRNRequisition R048613 Market Mason, OH Department SS Retail Pharmacy - Retail Rx - 330 - Service Center Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Under the direction of the System Director of Mail Order Pharmacy, the Mail Order Pharmacist is responsible for quality assurance of provided pharmacy services. Ensures the correct medications are dispensed to the correct patients in an efficient and safe manner. This involves accurate and timely review of prescriptions for demographic, financial, and clinical quality. Ability to use metrics to drive optimization of patient care and operational efficiency. The Mail Order Pharmacist is responsible for collaborating with management, technicians, and other key stake holders to ensure all clinical and operational initiatives of the business unit are executed.
Utilize extensive knowledge in drug information, disease state management, and legal requirements of pharmacy practices to provide optimal care
Coordinates the processing, distribution, and delivery of medications and pharmacy services
Assists operations manager in team oversight of day to day operations
Execute measures and initiatives to increase patient safety around medication management
Collaborate with pharmacy leadership, IT, and supply chain across BSMH to support safe, standard, and effective medication usage and practices
Support innovative clinical models to support the advanced pharmacy practice model and allow all pharmacy staff to practice at the top of their license
Assures compliance with Pharmacy law, regulations, pharmacy business practices, accreditation standards, and ministry policies within assigned area.
direct oversight of the pharmacy technician activities in the pharmacy
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Required Minimum Education:
BS or PharmD
Masters, Residency, Fellowship
Business or Healthcare Administration
Current (or active) unrestricted Pharmacist license in the State of Ohio
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
3+ years – system, retail, or mail order pharmacy
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Diverse and highly developed skill set including but not limited to: time-management, communication, creativity, vision, teamwork, leadership, clinical knowledge base/skills, mentorship, change management, and project management.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Strong interest in pharmacy practice advancement and pharmacy services
- Ability to work in a complex team environment and to collaborate with both external and internal professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communication style that is open and fosters trust, credibility and understanding.
- Ability to ensure a high level of customer service for all customers including patients, local sites, local and home office employees, physicians and other medical professionals, visitors, and external stakeholders
- Computer skills – word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint®, drug databases
- Familiarity with various software, equipment and technology necessary to provide pharmacy services
- Knowledge of pharmacy services within acute and ambulatory care environments of an integrated health system and an ever-changing environment
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding pharmacy and external medication related quality metrics
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk taking and achievement of high standards. Exercises good judgment and ability to act decisively at the right time
- Self-starter with a willingness to try new ideas and positive, can-do attitude coupled with a sense of urgency
- Ability to positively affect collaboration, promote teamwork and achieve consensus
• Ability to create win/win solutions and relationships
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Department:SS Retail Pharmacy - Retail Rx - 330 - Service Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse