Patient Access RepresentativeRequisition R046957 Market Kilmarnock, VA Department SS - Rev Cycle - Legacy BS Acute Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Responsible for ensuring that all patients are greeted and processed appropriately and routed to the appropriate testing area. Responsible for accurate registration and pre-registration of all patients, to include a professional patient interview, accurate insurance and computer coding, and appropriate documentation of the events surrounding the interview. Ensure that all necessary paperwork is decimated to the patient or appropriate locations. Oversees and prioritizes bed placement needs to ensure prompt and appropriate placement of patients.
1. Work requires ability to read, write, follow oral and written instructions, perform mathematical calculations, and communicate effectively at a level generally acquired through completion of a high school education.
2. Knowledge of insurance verification/pre-certification, and benefits with preferred experience of 6 months to 1 year in patient registration/health care.
3. Ability to perform in multiple computer applications.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology and experience in ICD-9 coding is preferred.
5. Work requires proficient keyboard skills with an average speed of 40 wpm.
6. Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills; prefers at least one year customer service experience.
7. Must be able to work under considerable stress using tact and diplomacy
8. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently problem solve and be able to resolve conflict.
9. Demonstrates organizational skills.
10. Must demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Department:SS - Rev Cycle - Legacy BS Acute
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN