RNRequisition R038652 Market Franklin, VA Department Operating Room - Southampton - Franklin Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
- Coordinates patient flow and manages the unit a nursing/patient perspective. Works with physicians for efficient care delivery. Evaluates, plans, implements, and documents nursing care for an assigned patient population. Assists physician during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patient, family and or significant other to understand medical/surgical conditions, medications, and self–care skills. Is familiar with standardized concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Performs a variety of nursing tasks. Reports to the Director of the unit.
- Responsible for compliance with standards during assigned shift (reports to Nursing Supervisor).
- Uses established principles of delegation and supervision to direct the activities of all licensed and non–licensed caregivers and support staff in the delivery of patient care during their assigned shift.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure optimal delivery of patient care and appropriate use of available resources.
Graduated from an accredited/approved school of professional nursing
Preferred – Previous clinical experience within the healthcare setting, 1 year or greater as a Registered Nurse, preferably in the area of medical/surgical or other specialty. Must demonstrate ability to follow instructions and perform clinical work in accordance to standards of care. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Must possess a current valid Registered Nurse license in the State of Virginia or other compact state. All nurses must maintain a current BLS certification.
ICU nurses obtain ACLS and PALS. EKG within 6 months of hire and pass annual EKG test. CCRN is encouraged. IV conscious sedation and maintain competencies.
Med/surg charge nurses are required to maintain ACLS and PALS. They are also tested annually for EKG competency. Med/surg certification encouraged.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Operating Room - Southampton - Franklin
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN