Manager, Community HealthRequisition R045432 Market Franklin, VA Department SS Community Health Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Manager of Community Health will organize, lead and facilitate initiatives to improving the quality of life for local communities in the Southern Virginia area and where applicable, the larger metro region.
The Manager will be expected to work with a wide spectrum of organizations and service agencies, including but not limited to, local government officials, public health and housing officials, grassroots and community associations, nonprofit organizations, churches, schools, financial institutions and developers, individuals, etc., to improve community health and well-being and to advocate for positive improvement in the social determinants of health. The most significant attributes of the Program Manager are the ability to build and participate in coalitions and programs that serve the most vulnerable populations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work, community development, public health or a health services field or other administration. Will consider past experience in lieu of degree.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum experience related to community health, systems design, outreach programs, and/or coalition development. Experience in working with underserved populations, collaborative partnering, and systems alignment, advocacy and public policy is desirable.
- Requires very good oral and written communication skills, and excellent judgment.
- Requires a high level of cultural competency and an ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Requires the ability to review community needs and asset assessments, develop and refine investment strategies, conduct program evaluation, and promote inter-agency collaboration.
- Requires the ability to understand and prepare financial and performance reports for local system leadership and external information distribution.
- Experience in creating diverse visual presentations that hold reader interest, communicate complex material and tell compelling stories.
- Requires the ability to perform on-site programmatic audits of program documents, as well as review of financial and performance records.
- Requires a proficiency in MS Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborates in the planning and execution of annual and long-term work plans including participation in the development and implementation of project/program objectives.
- Oversees all strategic, operational, and community-based investments and partnerships within the Community Benefit Local Discretionary funding, in addition to event sponsorships and board member requests.
- Supervises the scoring team as it evaluates proposals according to the assigned performance matrix. Analyzes data reports and prepares for internal and external distribution (social determinant focus, metrics, partnerships, financial leverage, special conditions, etc.)
- Participates with community health leadership in the development of outcomes measurements, metrics and appropriate instruments to evaluate information for future success of community initiatives and to tell the story of System investments.
- Participates with community health leadership in the development of survey instruments, questionnaires and other instruments as needed to determine community assets, interests or needs.
- Develops a working knowledge of existing conditions, trends, associations, and activities of the neighborhoods or community on which to organize and leverage for community initiatives.
- Develops and maintains effective professional relationships with key grass roots community leaders and residents across diverse interests, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and populations.
- Maintains other key relationships that include collaborations with the local BSM hospitals, Mission leaders and Bon Secours Foundation.
- Conducts necessary workshops and training forums for skills development, education, and implementation of community initiatives.
- Participates in an inter-disciplinary team of community health colleagues to evaluate funding requests, and to serve in a role of relationship manager on designated funded projects
- Oversees the preparation and management of program budget, expenses and targets.
- Prepares and provides a wide variety of documents, including evaluation and progress reports, and board and public presentations.
- Communicates effectively with public officials, federal and state agencies, and institutions that may provide resources for community initiatives.
- Assists and collaborates on advocacy and policy efforts of the community to address its needs and conditions.
- Demonstrates awareness of relevant legal and ethical issues appropriate to community efforts, organizational relationships and the position.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Community Health
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN