Clinical Educator (RN) - Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing - Southampton Medical CenterRequisition R102447 Market Franklin, Virginia Department Std Nursing Home Care - Southampton - Franklin Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
This position serves as clinical resource for the ministry continuum of care staff. This includes identifying opportunities for education and then planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs, classes and individual interventions. The individual reports to the local manager of clinical education. Responsibilities include project management, teaching, coordination of educational activities, and all aspects of clinical orientation for newly hired nursing and/or other ministry personnel. Additionally, this position is responsible for promoting continued staff development. Integrates mission and values into all behaviors and responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with clinical leaders to assure staff competence.
- Continuously finds ways to improve service for our customers and removes internal barriers to providing services.
- Implements and evaluates orientation for core and PRN health ministry staff and students.
- Plans, implements and evaluates learning opportunities for identified groups of employees and/or volunteers.
- Assesses staff competence during initial orientation and on an ongoing basis for assigned groups: coaches for improved performance.
- Maintains professional expertise by appropriate readings, networking and ongoing education.
- Collaborates with unit-based educators (if applicable) and acts as a resource for Ministry personnel.
- Demonstrates effective instructional skills, incorporating a variety of teaching methods appropriate for the audience and topic to accomplish identified objectives.
Education Qualifications - List the minimum education, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Required Minimum Education:
4 year/ Bachelors Degree
Graduate Degree (Masters)
Licensing/ Certification - If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current registered nurse license to practice in the State of Ohio and/or Kentucky. Additional unit specific education and/or certification may be required.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Minimum of four to five years’ experience in nursing. Knowledge of adult learning principles required. Experience teaching adults preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Proven ability on office/clinical information systems, including Internet, email and database systems. Knowledge of basic physiological and psycho-social concepts. Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Understanding of the nursing process. Organization and delegation capabilities. Communication skills - oral and written. Competency in basic nursing skills. Leadership management skills required. Able to present to large groups of people. Must have the ability to work effectively with fellow employees, physicians, advanced practice professionals and patients, as well as the general public.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Std Nursing Home Care - Southampton - Franklin
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse