Certified Medical Assistant - FTRequisition R063728 Market Franklin, VA Department Southampton Family Practice - Hampton Roads Primary Care Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
- Obtains vital signs (respirations, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature), pulse oximetry, height, and weight on all patients at every visit.
- Draws blood and obtains laboratory samples
- Administers medication (IM, Subcutaneous, intradermal, po) per medication administration policy
- Performs point of care testing according to manufacturer and CLIA regulations.
- Performs rooming procedures according to policy
- Disposes of contaminated supplies per policy.
- Performs routine care and procedures (Snellen eye test, EKG, patient assistances, irrigation of ear, etc.)
- "Pends" and routes medication refills through a Refill Encounter daily to ensure timely patient follow-up with medication
- Conducts quality assurance and proficiency testing according to guidelines set forth in the CLIA program (ie. Refrigerator temperature checks, emergency equipment checks, POCT quality checks, etc.).
- Attends annual OSHA training program and comply with OSHA regulations and properly dispose of contaminated materials
- Schedules and tracks referrals, labs and diagnostic tests obtain authorizations for patients, as required
- Pulls registries in patients EHR and close gaps in care
- Orders supplies appropriately
- Maintains annual competencies and BLS certification.
- BLS Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant with current clinical certification credentials
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Southampton Family Practice - Hampton Roads Primary Care
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse