RN Adjunct Faculty - Southside College of Health Sciences - Fall 2021 Semester
Colonial Heights, Virginia
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN Adjunct Faculty - Southside College of Health Sciences - Fall 2021 SemesterRequisition R086744 Market Colonial Heights, VA Department Shift Days/Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
This position serves as clinical resource for the ministry continuum of care staff. This includes identifying opportunities for education and then planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs, classes and individual interventions. The individual reports to the local manager of clinical education. Responsibilities include project management, teaching, coordination of educational activities, and all aspects of clinical orientation for newly hired nursing and/or other ministry personnel. Additionally, this position is responsible for promoting continued staff development. Integrates mission and values into all behaviors and responsibilities.
Fall Semester 2021!! FT adjunct faculty needed.
- Nursing Fundamentals
- Women's Health
- Medical Surgical
Essential Job Functions
- Works with clinical leaders to assure staff competence.
- Continuously finds ways to improve service for our customers and removes internal barriers to providing services.
- Implements and evaluates orientation for core and PRN health ministry staff and students.
- Plans, implements and evaluates learning opportunities for identified groups of employees and/or volunteers.
- Assesses staff competence during initial orientation and on an ongoing basis for assigned groups: coaches for improved performance.
- Maintains professional expertise by appropriate readings, networking and ongoing education.
- Collaborates with unit-based educators (if applicable) and acts as a resource for Ministry personnel.
- Demonstrates effective instructional skills, incorporating a variety of teaching methods appropriate for the audience and topic to accomplish identified objectives.
II. Employment Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 18 hours of graduate credit in the discipline of the course(s) to be taught. Master’s and doctoral degrees in appropriate discipline preferred.
2. Two years of teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
3. Proficiency in computer technologies to include Microsoft Professional Office Suite, learning management systems, test scoring systems, and related instructional technology.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Hospital Administration - Southside School of Nursing - Petersburg
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off