Early Head Start Teacher IRequisition 127515BR Market Baltimore, MD Department FSC-EHS-Early Head Start Grant - Co. 1901 Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The EHS Teacher will contribute to the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate educational program that will provide children comprehensive quality services that meet the individual needs of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers being served.
1.High School Diploma (minimum) required. AA Degree (preferred) in Early Childhood Education or Human Development with experience working in a licensed child care center working with young children.90 Hour Child Care Certification and 45 Hour Infant-Toddler Certification and CDA required.Provisional acceptance can be given for applicants who do not currently possess a 45-hour Infant and Toddler Certification. Candidates must successfully obtain 45-hour Infant and Toddler certification within 3-months of hire and submit application for Infant and Toddler Child Development Associate within 6 months, as a condition of hire.Candidates that possess their 45-hour certification will be required to submit an application for Infant and Toddler Child Development Associate within 6 months, as a condition of hire.
2. Have current medical evaluation/physical, including a tuberculosis (TB) screen within six months before the individual begins work in the Center.
3. At least one (1) year of experience in the childcare field.
4. Experience working with low-income families, youth, survivors of domestic violence, populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, and HIV/AIDS and other diverse communities.
5. Have knowledge of substance abuse and domestic violence, and its effect on families.
6. Experience documenting client services in paper files and online databases.
7. Knowledge of community resources for low-income families in Baltimore City.
8. Computer literate – experience with MS Office Suite.
9. Certification in CPR and First Aid required within six (6) months of hire.
10. Effective oral and written communication skills.
11. Ability to work flexible schedule (i.e. weekends, evening, holidays)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:FSC-EHS-Early Head Start Grant - Co. 1901
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN