ORTHOPAEDIC RN COORDINATOR – UP TO A $10K BONUS
Department: AMBULATORY SURGERY
Hours: 645-315, No Weekends
Provides direct and indirect patient care in surgical specialties of General, Gynecologic, Orthopedic, Otolaryngology, Neurosurgical, Plastic, Oral, Vascular, Thoracic, Urological, and Cardiac utilizing the nursing process and current clinical knowledge to provide professional nursing care for all patients in the surgical unit. Utilizes advanced knowledge and experience to assess the health needs of patients, collaborates with health team members to coordinate patient care, anticipates the outcomes of nursing interventions and sets criteria for the quality of patient care. Provides patient and staff education, clinical supervision, and assesses the need for and implements unit/specialty based activities (quality improvement, in-services, etc.) Participates in unit management activities (scheduling, budget issues, counseling) provides supervision for staff as needed, and assumes an increasing leadership responsibility for professional practice in the unit. Acts in a Supervisor or Managerial capacity as needed. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care appropriate to the ages of patients serves. This position services the following populations: neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Licensed in the State of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity.
3. Current CPR certification.
4. Three years of experience in Perioperative Nursing. BSN preferred. Expertise in the specialty area of interest preferred.
5. Ability to teach and use group processes.
6. Must attain and maintain PNAP level II by the end of 120 days (if a challenge date is available) or then by the end of the tenth month (or next review date) of being in the position. If the employee is actively engaged in BSN or MSN curriculum, then initial challenge requirement is waived until the BSN or MSN curriculum is complete or stopped.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy (SYS.HR.NUR.001) which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date. .
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.