RN SUPERVISOR – OPERATING ROOM – 10K BONUS ELIGIBLE
Department: OPERATING ROOM
Shift: Day, Evening
Hours: 8 Hour Shifts, No Weekends
Existing employees not eligible. Rules & Restrictions apply.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in surgical specialties of General, Gynecologic, Orthopaedic, Otolaryngology, Neurosurgical, Plastic, Oral, Vascular, Thoracic, Urological, and Cardiac utilizing the nursing process and current clinical knowledge to provide professional nursing care for all patients in the surgical unit. Utilizes advanced knowledge and experience to assess the health needs of patients, collaborates with health team members to coordinate patient care, anticipates the outcomes of nursing interventions and sets criteria for the quality of patient care. Provides patient and staff education, clinical supervision, and assesses the need for and implements unit/specialty based activities (quality improvement, inservices, etc.) Accepts responsibility and accountability for ethical/legal behavior. Participates in unit management activities (i.e. scheduling, budget issues, counseling, interviewing/hiring) provides supervision for staff as needed, and assumes an increasing leadership responsibility for professional practice in the unit. May act in a Charge Nurse capacity as needed. This position services the following populations: neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2.Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity.
3. Maintains current CPR certification.
4. Three (3) to five (5) years experience in Perioperative Nursing. BSN required. Service Coordinator
5. Ability to teach and use group processes.
6. Work requires the ability to service the following populations: neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
7. Must attain and maintain PNAP level II by the end of 120 days (if a challenge date is available) or then by the end of the tenth
month (or next review date) of being in the position. If the employee is actively engaged in BSN or MS curriculum, then initial
challenge requirement is waived until the BSN or MSN program is complete or stopped.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.