NEW GRADUATE RN – FALL/WINTER, 2017
New Grad/Early Career
Department: NURSING ADMINISTRATION
Shift: Day, Evening, Night, Variable
Hours: 12 Hour Shifts, Rotating Weekends
New graduate Registered Nurse and is considered an entry level professional nurse who is able to provide safe and effective patient care. Organizes and administers individualized, professional patient care to patients within an assigned team of the hospital. Provides nursing care as directed by medical staff and in accordance with the objectives, policies, and procedures of the hospital and the state Nurse Practice Act. Maintains established standards of nursing care.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. A BSN is preferred.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or eligible to take the Virginia State Board of Nursing Exam.
- Maintains current BLS certification. Additional certifications may be necessary for specialty areas.
- Must pass pharmacology exam prior to administering medications.
- Must demonstrate annual competencies in area of practice.
- Must competently perform the practice of professional nursing.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds and perform all functions involved in safe patient handling.
- Must be able to perform all functions involved in CPR.
An essential function of this position is to comply with BSHSI Policy (SYS.HR.NUR.001) which requires, as a condition of employment, that all registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees who apply and are hired after May 1, 2015 complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree within five years of start date.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.