Admissions Coordinator - Skilled Nursing FacilityRequisition R027525 Market Newport News, VA Department Administration - St. Francis Nursing Care Center - Subacute Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The Admissions Coordinator is an essential member of the Administrative team, responsible for all on-site, non-clinical needs related to processing new admissions for a Skilled Nursing Facility. The Admissions Coordinator is the initial contact for the patient/resident and family members to help navigate them through the Skilled Nursing Facility environment at Bon Secours St. Francis Nursing Care Center. The Admissions/Marketing Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Admissions Nurse Liaison to ensure appropriate resident placement and maintain budgeted census and case mix.
Essential Job Functions
- Initiates, communicates, and completes all Admission paperwork with resident and/or designee/POA
- Verifies all insurances/payer sources for potential Admission/referral
- Completes and mails Admission packets to referral sources as requested
- Completes facility tours
- Fields inquiry calls made to facility regarding Admissions
- Responsible for all data entry into software system for new Admissions to include face sheet and billing requirements
- Assists with marketing activities which may include visits at local hospitals and communication with referral sources
- Assist in development of the facility’s marketing and community outreach plan
- Assists with HIM department including tracking and trending Physician Certifications
- Serves as team lead of the facility’s census development committee.
- Performs resident-focused rounding to assist in the delivery of service at the highest quality
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- High school diploma is required/post-high school education is preferred
- Experience with insurance verification and authorization processes preferred
- Previous experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years human services and marketing experience in a long-term setting preferred
- Proficient knowledge of basic computer skills including Word/Excel/Internet/Outlook is necessary
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Administration - St. Francis Nursing Care Center - Subacute
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN