Director, Labor RelationsRequisition R084533 Market Toledo, OH Department SS Human Resources - Strategic HR Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
This role develops and leads HR strategic labor relations solutions for initiatives impacting represented associates for the entire ministry. These solutions include areas such as medical group acquisition or divestures, market expansions, work on subsidiary and segmentation strategy for business units, lead change management and org design solutions as well as associate experience or workforce planning solutions for clients. This role acts as a liaison with leadership, HR COEs, SMEs, and Service Center on inquiries for CBA interpretation. Clients include all leadership levels within the ministry, innovation and subsidiary leaders, third party relationships, and labor representatives. Responsible for their own portfolio of work and mentoring associates in labor relations.
- Partners with clients within the ministry consulting on projects and initiatives impacting associates represented with a CBA, developing and/or partnering with other HR/Leadership to create change management and org design approach, developing strategies and tactical solutions to navigate with alignment of CBA.
- Assist with execution of labor relations functions, including, but not limited to, participation in grievance responses, arbitration and collective bargaining processes and labor-management meetings, as appropriate.
- Leads and partners with other HR professionals in their role on a given project impacting associates represented by a CBA.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders with differing points of view while maintaining confidentiality of complex and highly sensitive subject matter.
- Develop and present informational briefings for leadership review highlighting opportunities for improved understanding of labor relations and promoting contract and management solutions.
- Assist management during crisis situations such as work stoppages or labor disputes.
- Participate in labor negotiations, provides duties as a scribe, follow up on discussions during labor negotiations, participates in pre-negotiation planning and implementation of changes of CBAs.
- Effectively lead conversations with labor representatives on notifications as required by CBAs, effectively facilitate labor impact discussions focused on identification of conflict; facilitating resolutions.
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration or related field. Master's degreed preferred.
- Licensure/Certification Preferred: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SP
- 5 years in Business/Healthcare/HR with proven career progression and one year experience in labor relations
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Human Resources - Strategic HR
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse