Human Resources (HR) Policy Consultant (Remote - US)Requisition R099068 Market Remote Department SS Human Resources - Diversity & Inclusion Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Responsible for examining the efficacy of existing Human Resources policies and related standard operating procedures (SOPs), recommending adjustments, and drafting new polices to ensure alignment with the vision, mission, and values of Bon Secours Mercy Health. Serves as the initial point of contact for potential policy and SOP breaches.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review and evaluate efficacy of current policies. Determine the benefits and drawbacks of existing policies.
- Accountable for policy and SOP updates once a decision has been made to modify or amend language. Responsible or version control of previous policy versions.
- Draft new policies as well as collaborate with and seek direction from leaders in Legal and HR.
- Serve as initial reviewer of potential policy breeches and recommend next steps.
- Conduct extensive best practices (healthcare and general) research to support policy amendments and new language recommendations. Analyze and share information applicable to market trends, threats, and conditions on an ongoing basis that may contribute to new or amended language. Maintain compliance with EEO, FLSA, etc. Identify legal flaws in policies and recommend amendments.
- Edit and amend policy drafts as appropriate. Propose policy amendments to improve outcomes.
- Liaise with stakeholders to determine needs and goals of policies.
- Gather data and produce reports on the qualitative and quantitative analysis. Manage policy versions to ensure appropriate version is outward facing on appropriate platform(s).
- Maintain compliance with EEO, FLSA, and applicable federal, state or other local laws and regulations where BSMH has a footprint. Proactively research policies, regulations and other pending legislation that may potentially impact the way BSMH administers current policies and SOPs. Identify potential gaps and required updates to recommend policy amendments.
- Provides applicable training to associates and leadership.
- Provide regular update to Human Resources leadership and other stakeholders on pending trends or other regulatory, legislative or other compliance related changes that may impact HR Policies and SOPs.
- Provide regular legal updates to HR Leadership on trends and topics emerging in the labor and employment law space.
4 year/ Bachelors Degree required
Specialty/Major: Business, Healthcare or related field preferred
Graduate Degree (Masters) preferred.
Specialty/Major: Business or Healthcare preferred
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
3 years Human Resources or related experience, preferably in Hospital/healthcare-related field. Experience or training the legal field is strongly preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of current applicable legislation, which may have an impact on human resources policies and procedures. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Human Resources - Diversity & Inclusion
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse