CarePATH / Epic Application Coordinator Clinical ContentRequisition R085512 Market Work at Home - Ohio Department SS I&T - EHR Operations Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Clinical Content Specialist/Application Coordinator is the primary liaison between the Bon Secours Mercy Health (BSMH) Electronic Health Record (EHR) team, Clinical Informatics, and end users, including Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, and other care providers.This position supports the development and maintenance of BSMH’s EHR Clinical Content, including order sets, and ensures standardization of clinical content of at least 85%.With the focus on the best patient care and safety, the ability to build consensus and handle stressful situations while building a standardized technical system is needed.
• Coordinates calls with physicians in all markets to drive consensus on individual Order Sets.
• Clinical Content – Coordinates logistics and committee support for developing and on-going maintenance of BSMH’s EHR clinical content.
• Provides logistical support and coordination of committees including system level conference calls, web based meetings and face-to-face meetings as appropriate.
• Facilitate review and triage requested system changes of clinical content and bring forth requests to subject matter experts and committees as appropriate.
• Ensure clinical content is consistent with evidence-based practices and national consensus guidelines and is reviewed and updated through a regular scheduled review process.
• Understand clinical workflows and impact of decisions in areas of focus. Coordinate with clinical staff to validate impact of decisions and maintain efficiency.
• Coordinates application enhancements by identifying needs, analyzing benefits, identifying process changes and impact of enhancements. Communicates requirements to application vendor or internal development staff as appropriate.
• Assists with the development of training content and appropriate training data.
• Coordinate Clinical Content Team activities with all Epic applications (ie. Inpatient Orders, Willow, etc.)
• Participate and support facility go-lives.
• Document all processes and procedures as appropriate
• Communicate outstanding issues and status updates through appropriate channels, escalating unresolved issues when necessary. .
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree, RN preferred.
• Five to seven years of experience in related field.
• EPIC certification is preferred
• Estimated travel is about 10%; during go-lives travel will be about 50%.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of an organization are essential.
• Sound analytical skills necessary for decisions and recommendations based on data analysis.
• Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; presentation skills are needed.
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects is essential.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Catholic Health Partners, which are: Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life and Service. • The CarePATH Application Coordinator will work with hospital clinicians to build, maintain and support clinical systems that drive hospital operations and support safe, effective patient care and processes suitable for computer applications. • Establishing and follow change control procedures for the system. • Troubleshooting problems or questions from users. • Prioritizing and implementing system updates and changes. • Thoroughly reviewing, analyzing and testing each new release.
• Working with users on the sharing of data, category lists, etc.
• Setting standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
• Understanding and investigating user choices.
• Analyzing data conversion needs.
• Assisting trainers during user training. • Other related responsibilities as needed.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS I&T - EHR Operations
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse