Registered Nurse - Full Time Days
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse - Full Time DaysRequisition R030075 Market Suffolk, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Utilizes the nursing process and maintains current clinical knowledge in order to provide safe resident care consistent with standards, policies and procedures. Assesses each resident under his/her care, identifies needs, designs intervention, anticipates outcome, implements plan of care and evaluates results. Manages all resources at his/her disposal to maximize resident outcome. Maintains a holistic approach to resident care, recognizing physical, emotional, spiritual, and psycho-social needs of each resident. Recognizes the resident as a member of a family unit and exhibits an understanding of the dynamics of family interaction in the healing process and is aware of the utilization of self as a healing force. Performs all other duties as assigned. Restorative Nurse directs, supervises, coordinates, and implements the Restorative Care Program. Performs routine and ongoing staff education and inservices in the restorative care process. Assures that all documentation systems are being completed per requirements and directions. Monitors the proper implementation and effectiveness of the programs through routine quality assessment activities.
1. Graduated from a LPN school of nursing.
2. Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical nurse with the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
3. Performs team leader activities with a high level of proficiency.
4. Documents and Participates in care plan process
5. Performs Nursing Care functions in a safe and effective manner.
6. Administers medications/treatments safely and effectively.
7. Establishes self as advocate for residents.
8. Practices effective risk management.
9. Provides age appropriate care
10. Completes education requirements.
11. Respects Resident's Rights
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Skilled Nursing Unit - Maryview Nursing Care Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Nurses are one of the most trusted professions in the world, and it’s because of who we are and how we care about patients.Amanda M. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off