Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN - Baylor Nights
St. Petersburg, Florida
At Bon Secours our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours our nurses mean the world to us.
“The employees make you feel like you are a family. You will gain a lot of experience working there from seeing the different variety of people you will care for. They offer tuition reimbursement for employees who are going to school as long as the classes are work related.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN - Baylor NightsRequisition R068303 Market St. Petersburg, FL Department Shift Evenings/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Eligible for up to $2,500 Sign On Bonus!
Bon Secours St. Petersburg (BSSP) is a diverse long-term care organization providing a continuum of care to elderly individuals. BSSP offers high quality skilled nursing care, in-patient and outpatient rehabilitation, comprehensive home care services and state-of-the-art assisted living, all on a beautiful and well maintained campus.
BSSP is comprised of three facilities: Maria Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Care Center, a 274-bed licensed nursing care center offering skilled and long-term nursing with a dedicated Alzheimer’s unit. In addition, the Center for Rehabilitation provides a highly skilled in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation program. The second facility, Bon Secours Place is a 102-unit Assisted Living Facility (ALF) in partnership with Life Care Services, LLC of Des Moines, IA; one of the first ALFs to receive Joint Commission accreditation. In 2006, BSSP launched a new home health agency, Bon Secours St. Petersburg Home Health Services Inc., to provide nursing and rehabilitation services throughout the community. BSSP also provides select community programs for at-risk elderly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of BSSP that all applicants for employment and all employees are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable laws. BSSP also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.
All BSSP employees are expected to embody the values of Bon Secours and the Catholic healthcare ministry, and understand the appropriate balance between mission needs and fiscal responsibility while demonstrating these values in day-to-day actions. These values are:
- Respect - Treats all people well because all people have dignity.
- Justice - Supports, protects and promotes the rights of all individuals and has a special concern for the rights of the poor and dying.
- Integrity - Is honest in his/her dealings and behavior is consistent with his/her thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Stewardship - Is dedicated to the responsible and creative utilization of our resources to assure the continuance of our mission.
- Innovation - Continually searches within him/her and our partnerships for new ways to profoundly improve our services and life in the surrounding communities.
- Compassion - Experiences and expresses empathy with the life situations of others.
- Quality - Continually improves our system’s processes of care and service to our patients, physicians, co-workers and community through understanding their needs and striving to exceed their expectations.
- Growth - Is committed to the implementation of programs that inspire positive development in the organization, our co-workers, and our community; is sensitive to the changes necessary to meet this challenge.
Supervises and coordinates activities of nursing personnel engaged in nursing services to ensure residents’ needs are met in accordance with professional standards of practice, physician orders, center policies and procedures, and state, federal and local guidelines.
Education: Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
Licensure: Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of FL.
Experience: Prefer I.V. certification. Prefer experience as floor/charge nurse in long‑term
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a LPN in this state. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long‑term care. Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care. Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents. Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices. Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition. Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Department:Nursing Administration - Maria Manor Nursing Care Center
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You have to care to be able to heal. It makes a difference. That’s what it means to be a Bon Secours nurse. The core of nursing comes from the heart.AGnes K. BSN, RN, CMRSN
Paid Time Off