Sr Business Intelligence DeveloperRequisition R080847 Market Richmond, VA Department SS Analytics Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The BI Developer II is responsible for designing and creating reporting or data extract solutions based on business and clinical information needs. The BI Developer will work interactively with information requesters to clarify requirements and, using their expertise, determine the feasibility and best method for meeting the request. The BI Developer will construct a reporting solutions using tools available. The BI developer II has experience with BI software and report writing along with EHR knowledge. The incumbent will develop in depth knowledge of the reporting tools available and source data models.
Essential Job Functions
- Applies in-depth knowledge of the Epic Clarity data model to information needs for the ministry. Achieves Epic Clarity certification(s) in areas of expertise.
- Has expertise in available reporting tools to create effective solutions.
- Writes efficient SQL to extract information from Clarity into reports or data extracts. Has working knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Identifies opportunities for utilizing and building self-service reporting tools to meet reporting needs.
- Modifies existing reports, extracts, dashboards and cubes as necessary
- Partners with internal and external customers to define reporting and analytics needs. Requires in depth analytical skills to understand workflows, data collection methods and reporting solutions. Does not act as report "order taker" but, rather, presents advantages/disadvantages of reporting options available.
- Troubleshoots problems and addresses questions from consumers.
- Conducts end user training and education sessions.
- Documents work appropriately. Maintains current inventory of reports and publishes this information to users.
- Participates in team meetings and collaborates with team members on reporting projects. Volunteers to assist team members.
- Participates in upgrade planning and implementation. Conducts impact analysis with regarding to impending changes.
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, or Clinical OR experience in lieu of a degree
- Required Minimum Experience: Minimum of 3 years in IT or equivalent relevant experience; min 1 year using Business Intelligence Software.
- Relational Database concepts, Report Writing ability, SQL or Healthcare experience
- Data Warehousing concepts, cubes, SQL knowledge, Epic Experience, SQL Server BI tools
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse